- Tauriel was a baby when orphaned and doesn't remember her birth parents (because she treats Legolas and Thranduil like family, and behaves like she hasn't experienced personal loss before Kíli)
- Thranduil named Tauriel (because her name means “daughter of the forest”, and that's noteworthy)
- Tauriel's necklace was a coming of age gift from Thranduil, and it contains a starlight gem (its design)
- Thranduil taught Tauriel and Legolas how to fight (they have the same fighting style and no other elf ever uses two blades)
- Thranduil's fighting style is inherited from his childhood in Doriath (he is a Sindarin prince)
- Thranduil gave Tauriel and Legolas their daggers as gifts (no evidence for this)
- Thranduil shows he cares through actions, not words (almost all of his scenes)
- Legolas's and his mother were out in the wood when orcs attacked them; she heard them coming and hid Legolas, before running in a different direction, leading the orcs away; she was captured and tortured to death in Gundabad; Legolas was a baby/toddler and has no memory of her (says so in film)
- The White Gems of Lasgalen are family heirlooms of Thranduil's (“heirlooms of my people”); the starlight gems came from Doriath (Thranduil's childhood home), the jewelry set was commissioned by Thranduil's father for his mother, and made by the dwarves; Thranduil gave them to his wife as a gift; he found the necklace on the ground, broken, near a few dead orcs, at the spot where she was taken captive; he gave them to Thror to have the necklace fixed because his people didn't have skill to fix such craftsmanship from First Age dwarves.
- Tauriel has a very mischievous side (her best friend/brother is the sassiest elf to ever live and she both banters with Kili and finds his prank on her funny).
- Legolas's relationship with Aragorn is greatly influenced by having witnessed Tauriel's relationship with Kili (Legolas stays in Middle-earth until the end of Aragorn's life because he has seen that Tauriel's regret is as piercing as her grief).
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
My Mirkwood Family Headcanons
I thought I would share with you my personal headcanons for our beloved Mirkwood elves.